Friday, June 13, 2014

Sometimes people just need to be listened to

This morning I had a Customer coming to my shop for the second time. I did a pretty nice embroidery for one of his projects restoring classic cars before, so, I was curious to know if his customer had liked my work.
So I asked him: - How about the last Project I had embroidered for you last time. Was your customer satisfied?
Yes he loved the embroidery. He said. But that Customer is giving me a hard time to pay me for my work because I took too long to finish his the restoration of his car.  He went on and on about the project, why he had not met the deadline, his kids got sick, he is one man working person on his shop, his wife got sick, his kid, then, the mother in law etc. The customer wouldn't stop talking about the hard time he was having, I was just listening to him and thinking to myself, “holly crap, I have so much work to get done for today… I wonder if there is ever an end to his talking” 
Well I haven’t been feeling great myself, I have been working sick to get my orders done and lots of things going on. I thought to myself, maybe it is OK to listen to him and get some break from work.
After he was done telling me about his life and how disappointed he was with that last customer, I couldn't help myself, when I realized I had already told in clear and unbroken English “WHAT A SON OF A BITCH!!!!”  As soon as I finished that phrase, I was so ashamed of myself! The customer busted into laughing so hard and I went along with him. After I almost peed in my pants and coughed like crazy from our laughing, he said “OMG I love the way you cuss”!!!
What the customer told me before he left the door is what made me feel so good:
He looked at me and said: “Thanks for listening to me Zee… I needed to vent so bad, plus the good laughing we had, I feel so much “lighter” Have a great day!
I could have gotten a lot done during the time I listened to him but, boy, I feel as good as he felt when he left. If you think that there is nothing that you can do to make a difference in the world without spending your “bread and butter”, Here is a good way to do it! Listen to somebody who just need to vent! But don't cuss, it is not very nice LOL
WELL, but if you do have a few “Bucks” that you could use to help your community, how about making a $10.00 donation to this MDA Jailbird? :))))

I thought it was a funny story to share with you my dear friends!
Blessings to all
Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment