Sunday, February 16, 2014

Thank you Lord for bringing me to a country where everything is possible... Even a meal that taste like the one our own mom makes....

Today, I woke up missing my family in Brazil so bad..
You know when we are sick, yeah, pneumonia here. Our body aches, our nose is raw inside from so much blowing, our head feels like is going to explode, what comes to our mind? Yeah family... Our mom's soup, all that good stuff that a human being needs...
Unfortunately, I am far away from those good remedies, I have to be happy with what I have. You know what? We have to make the best of every situation... Nobody can have everything, right?
I was craving that warm soup, some health stuff to make me feel better. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am all against the big buck store. I am always trying to help the local business and keeping on my side of the fence. Protecting the small business in town.
I don't have pretty and fancy words to describe what I am feeling right now. Sure, I am a crazy Brazilian who speaks some broke English. It's a good thing that maybe a half dozen of people are reading this post right now. Otherwise I would be making a GREAT free commercial for Olive Garden LOL.
My husband has always been there for everything I need, last night the poor thing even tried to make me noodles soup. The noodles were hard and it didn't taste that great but I had it all because he did his best with what we had... I could feel that he put some loving into it. Even threw a lot of Parmesan cheese to give some taste.. (shhhhhh dont tell him that) :)
It feels weird because the last time I felt like having a bowl of soup this bad, it was when I got out of the hospital after having my open heart surgery. On our way back home from the hospital, for some reason, I was dreaming that I would get home and be surprised. I was hoping that my Mother-In-Law would have  her wonderful chicken noodles soup waiting for me... Too bad, I wasn't very lucky, maybe she wasn't feeling like it... oh well, the dreaming part was good though LOL. Although I had a big cut in my chest,  I had the energy to go straight to the kitchen and cook a big pot of chicken soup for all of us but, this time, only having pneumonia, it took all my energy away, I feel so weak and couldn't imagine myself cooking... 
SO...I had the best idea ever. I asked my husband if he could go to Olive Garden, and get us some soup and salad to go.
OMG... I cant even try to tell you how wonderful it was. Boy, with $21.14 (as you see on the picture) we had the best meal I could have ever asked for on a cold and gloomy day.
I wish I had had this same idea three years ago when I had my open heart surgery...
They put together a meal I will never forget. Their delicious zuppa toscana (my favorite from their menu) some marvelous bread sticks, enough Parmesan cheese, salad looking impeccable delicious, some chicken meatballs and of course I cant forget to mention my chocolate mints. :)
That was all that I needed today...
Today, my hat is off to you Olive Garden, I know, you guys don't need my commercial but I had to be thankful for the most delicious soup I could had have had.
If you were just visiting my website www.myfirstbirthdaydress.com and somehow landed to this page, you must be asking yourself, what the heck has Olive Garden Soup have to do with first birthday dresses????
Sorry if I have disappointed you, this is not all about business. This is about opening my heart and let my fingers type what comes to my mind. It;s all about being thankful. Maybe some day you might be feeling like a healthy and homemade taste meal and you might recall that it came in handy for me today.
Looking at this picture I would say; Mr. Olive Garden people :) thank you so much for making me feel like I was at home today! You guys ROCK!!!
Thank you Lord for bringing me to a country where everything is possible... Even a meal that taste like the one our own mom makes....
Blessings
Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment