Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world

What a beautiful day to be alive :) Thank YOU Lord.
Yesterday, when Isabella, my second grader came back from school, she asked me to have a mother and daughter's moment in the kitchen and make cupcakes. I had some order I had to get done last night and I asked her: - Can we have this moment after I am done with this order here? She was OK with it, then I remembered that on Tuesday night, she goes swimming with her daddy at the YMCA, so I said: - Isabella, Daddy is picking you up for swimming today, if you want to, you don't have to go, you can stay with mommy and we can make cupcakes. She thought for a little bit and replied: 
- I am not sure what to do because I want to go swimming with Daddy but I also would like to make some cupcakes with you. I told her it was OK, we would make the cupcakes another day.
After they left and I had my work finished, I started feeling so guilty for not have stopped and going to have the "daughter and mommy" with Isabella...
 While they were away, I went to the kitchen to do the dishes and clean up, I decided I would make the cupcakes and she would decorate them when she'd come back home, and so I did.
When they were back and she found out I had the cupcakes  all made on top of the stove for her, she was so happy and so thankful :) She said:
-YOU are the best mommy in the whole entire world! She would come once in a while and thank me for making her cupcakes, I think she really understood that I wanted to have the "daughter and mommy" moment but I couldn't, so I did the best I could.
This morning, when she woke up, I always bring her a cup of milk in bed every morning, she grabbed her cup, looked at me and said:
-Mommy, thank you so much for making me the cupcakes last night, I really appreciate it!
All my guilty feeling are gone now and I am so glad that she is only 7 years old but she really appreciates the little things in life. She takes what she can get and move on.
God bless our day!
Zee www.myfirstbirthdaydress.com

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."Agatha Christie 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zileide! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer my question regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete