Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Isabella thinks she knows now how it feels like to be a mommy


On the way back home from picking up Squeaker
To the doctor who told my mommy when I was born, that I wouldn't live long enough to get to be a teenager (I have no clue why a stupid doctor would say that). Here I am, 46 years old and I just came back from a forty minutes’ walk with my daughter’s new dog on a 33 degrees Fahrenheit temperature, wearing no coat, but a sweatshirt. Didn't plan on that but Squeaker actually is the one who took me for that long walk. The short legged one is fast as a lighting. Whew, I survived LOL
Yeah, I am very proud of myself and proud of believing that God is the only one who knows the time He has given to each one of us to be here in this planet.
I am so glad I got to convince my husband to adopt a small dog for Isabella. 
Everything was decided last minute, like everything else in this household. Sunday when I saw the ad on Craigslist of a lady looking for a good family for her tiny Chihuahua.
Squeaker and grandma

 I looked at the picture and fell in love with Squeaker. She is 2 years old and house broken. I thought maybe this is what we need, not a puppy who needs a lot of training but a young dog. Isabella has been begging for a puppy for quite a while but, my husband had not recovered yet from the last time we got two Boston terrier puppies and a month later I had to go through my open heart surgery. Recovering from a procedure like that having to care of a young daughter, my business and two puppies, wasn't an easy task for me. We had to give them away for adoption… I know we broke our daughter’s heart but at that time, it was the smartest decision to take. I guess I never forgave myself for that since when I was a child, I grew up having not only one or two but many dogs and cats. How could I deny my daughter the same thing I had?
Now that we adopted Squeaker, I know she will needs lots of TLC cause she doesn't have any paper saying what shots she has had or vitamins or whatever, she has not been fixed yet, it’s going to be a lot of work but I know it is going to be worth of it.
Squeaker and Grandpa
Isabella has been a great “mommy” taking care of her Squeaker and last night she told me the sweetest thing ever. By the end of the day, I could tell she was really tired, and so was I, she came to me and said: - Mommy, today I haven’t had time to read a book or play my games on the computer, now I can say that I really know how it feels like to be a mommy... she sighed 
This morning before she left to school, she passed to be the great responsibility of babysitting her dog: "You are the babysitter now mommy, be careful!"
Life is a beautiful thing. I guess that not planning anything, just trusting our guts and  and letting God lead the way is the best way to live life…

No comments:

Post a Comment