Thursday, November 14, 2013

Once upon a time a squirrel...

When Isabella came back from school this afternoon, she was very excited, she ran straight to my room and told me: 
-Mommy let's go very fast before he wakes up. I need to show you something!
- What is it? I asked her.
- There is a Squirrel sleeping on the side walk! I want you to see him!
I didn't think twice, my baby girl wanted me to go see the squirrel and so we ran across the street to find the poor squirrel laying among the leaves. She was very happy. 
-Be really quiet Mommy we don't want to wake him up.
- Isabella, I am sorry but, this squirrel is dead.
The expression she had on her face I cant explain with words... It was a mix of sadness and disappointment. She said:
- I am so sorry mommy, you told me once that you wish so bad you could see a squirrel from very close and when I saw this one, I thought you were going to be thrilled. I didn't know he was dead, I am so sorry to make you sad. I thought he was sleeping. He has no sign of being hurt, he is not laying flat on the street like the  dead ones I have seen. He looks like he is sleeping...
- That is OK Isabella, we will have all the time in the world to see a squirrel from very close again, this one is gone to the Squirrel's heaven.
- Maybe he had a heart attack you think?
- Maybe he did...
I felt so bad for Isabella because she knows how much I love the animals, she thought she was going to make me smile when I would see that squirrel.. What was I thinking??? I should have told her when she came to my room, that it was impossible for a squirrel to sleep on the sidewalk! I guess I wanted to believe that she was right  LOL
Poor squirrel...

Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment