Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It's not Thanksgiving yet but I keep on being thankful...

Isabella reading this morning
Speaking of keep being thankful, today I am so thankful that our youngest daughter has gotten the passion for reading that her daddy, big sister and I  have in common.
I am so thankful that instead watching TV, Isabella would rather seat on her chair and ready books. I cant believe that she read an over two hundred pages books 3 times!!! For some reason, she got in love with the series of book "Diary of a wimpy kid" LOL She says it is really funny. Yesterday she got the second book of the series. She cant put it down, she pauses during breakfast to read a chapter or another. Isn't it cool?
Isabella and her Godmother
When only Isabella and I are at home, it doesn't matter if it is day or night, the TV is something that both of us don't really care about. We are both seizing our time, not wasting... We are travelling to different places in our imagination, we are finding out so many things we didn't know..
Isabella dancing Ballet
The fun part of it is that we have never insisted her to do some reading, of course we have told her it is a good habit. I think that it is something that in her veins.   
Isabella as a Brownie
We, just like many of  other parents thought it would be cool if Isabella did ballet, sports, etc. So, she tried ballet for four years, we thought she liked it but, she wasn't too happy when we would say, "ballet class today" This year though, she said she loved her teachers, her friends and that she would miss them all but, she didn't want to do ballet anymore. We had tried before taking her to play soccer since it is something that I, as a Brazilian, love to play. Isabella poor thing, was lazy just like Ronaldinho (ex Brazilian Soccer team player) She would just hang around the goal area waiting for somebody to kick her the ball and she would kick it to the goal. 
Other times, she would just hold hands with her friends during the game and forget they were  playing LOL. We learned that is definitely something Isabella didn't get from me LOL
I guess if we trust our kids and let them choose what they want to do, they will find out their way. Isabella, has discovered her passion for reading, singing and creating stories, adventures all by herself. I guess she got the artistic genes from her parents. We both love Arts.
Isabella holding the Kangoroo
The funny things was the other day at the store, she was browsing the book session while  Brian and I looked for a new coffee maker since ours had just gone bad.  When we came back, she pointed us that the book she has been reading, it is in the YOUNG ADULT Session. She says: - Young adult... They must be kidding, I have read this book three times already and I am 7! LOL
Isabella Zip linning
Isabella has learned by herself, the love for Animal, adventures, Girls Scouts, sewing, inventing and even got interested about religion. That is something that amazes me the most. I was raised Christian and had always gone to the church with my parents until we moved to the USA. For some reason here, I got a little bit distant from the church but I have always kept GOD, that is the most important thing, close to my heart. Isabella nowadays, has been going every Sunday to the Awana (I hope I am not misspelling) with her little friend Lydia. There they have been learning all about God and the bible. We make sure that we never forget to drive her to this very important appointment. 
I was so ashamed  once when she was small and I was tucking her in, I told her: - Isabella, let pray to Jesus so that He will give us a good night of sleep and thank Him for this day. She turned to me and  asked: - WHO IS THIS GUY????? OMG I couldn't help but laugh so bad... afterwards thought, I felt ashamed.
Today I am thankful first of all, for the GIFT OF LIFE, being able to wake up for another brand new day and a new chance to make it right AND I am thankful that our little girl has discovered her love for READING.
Let's be thankful for everything kids. LIFE IS AMAZING.
Zee




No comments:

Post a Comment