Thursday, August 22, 2013

Is it possible for a child to be born vegetarian?

 
I cant get it out of my mind  yesterday at dinner time.
My 7 years old daughter Isabella is a very  picky eater. For some reason, she just doesn't eat meat if she knows it is meat. For example, chicken nugget, she eats it because I think she doesn't link that to an animal.. She just see those cute little pieces of  food but she cant see the chicken in front of her. Ok let me explain better.. It's so hard not to be able to speak a better English LOL 
Isabella is just like me. We both LOVE animals, all animals and birds. She wants a pet but so far what we have allowed her to have is a fish.
Isabella has never had steak or any red meat, she has had chicken nuts but I don't think she realizes that it comes from a chicken. Last night we had a rotisserie chicken for dinner.I set the chicken on the table while I cut the chicken breast into little fillets, I wanted so bad that she tried it, so, I told her:
-Isabella, if you at least, try to eat a piece of this chicken breast, I will let you open one of your packages of My little pony's blind bags...
Her eyes brighten up because she loves her little ponies. She has been collecting them. Her daddy bought her some bags and hung them on the refrigerator and she only gets to open one when she cleans her room or do something nice to help. She said "Ok I will try"  I handed her a piece of chicken breast. She took it and kept looking at it for a while then she turns to us and says:
_ Poor chicken, isn't it so sad that she has to be eaten by the humans?
- Her daddy replies: - That is what they are for.
-Are they supposed to be used as food? - Yes, her daddy says, it's on the bible.
It's on the bible? she asked while trying so hard to swallow a little piece she had in her mouth.
That made me feel so bad,.. Now I keep wondering, is it possible for a child to be born vegetarian? Or it is only because she loves the animals?

Zee


No comments:

Post a Comment