Friday, August 16, 2013

Trying to get back to the normalcy


Hi there! It’s been a while since I have posted here.
I had my parents visiting from Brazil, they were here for a month and we had lots of fun but, I've gotten so swamped with my work. Unfortunately I couldn't take the entire month to enjoy their visit to Springfield, IL, but trying to jungle in between work and given them some attention.

At the beginning of their stay at our home, it was really hectic, Customers calling, coming in out all the time, I was feeling kind of lost but, things got better. Isabella, my 7 years old daughter had some fun time at the pool with her grandparents but, the language barrier really sucked. They don’t speak English and Isabella doesn't speak Portuguese so, it was a little confusing for her.
The best part of their trip, was being able to give my daddy a party to celebrate his 66 years. He was so happy and excited with our friends coming to say happy birthday and enjoy some good food with us. I love my daddy :) My mommy and daddy also went fishing, we went to the church and did some nice things together. 


What I didn't know is that my Daddy's dream was to be able to fly on a plane. He had never flown before. It made me feel very good inside, knowing that I was able to turn one of my daddy's dream come true..
My parent’s visit has taught me something very important. I REALLY need to teach my daughter the Portuguese Language. Poor thing couldn't communicate very well with grandpa. Actually, I think we all should teach our kids another Language because it will make their life much easier in the future.
Oh right, now that I am back to normal life, I am keeping on embroidering my First Birthday Dresses and hoping that the economy will get better soon so that I will be able to sell more of them. It’s my treat to myself, stop once in a while and enjoy sometime embroidering each one of my little dresses.
Juliana has still been helping me with the website and I am so happy about that… One less thing to worry about.
Yesterday, after I had a dress sold on my website, I realized that my customers didn't know they could have their dresses personalized for free with their baby’s name, so, I had to make some changes to the website. I hope it will bring me more Customers :)
I intend to start posting more often now that life is getting back on track and finding out more way to help the moms celebrating their babies First birthday! It’s a very special occasion and an important milestone in a child’s life, celebrate their First Year of life.
Here are some pictures of my parents visit
You all have a great day and enjoy life 
Blessings
Zee


No comments:

Post a Comment