Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Decisions...decisions...decisions...


The day I bought my first embroidery Machine
Wow...Hi there :) It feels like a while since I've posted here. So many things going on, lots of work, me being sick and so many decisions to take, what should I do?

I have a dream and I wont give up on my dream, I have always been cautious about taking decisions I'd rather to take it slow. Just like when I started Embroidea Custom Embroidery. I was so afraid of getting in debt when I bought my first embroidery machine, I was afraid of not having enough work to even pay for it, I am not the kind of person who decides about something and then cry about it later. If I take a decision, that is it. I need to be sure about it.

So, when I first started my business, I was for 6 months without work to do at all. I was new in this Country, I had not too many friends, didn't know what to do. I remember being so scared of not bringing a pay check home and helping my husband. So, I decided to go back and work a little more while I was still building my clientele. I would work all day at another embroidery place, would come home after work and would work some more for myself, embroidering the few things I had to get done, relatives and friends of my husband who would ask me to get some embroidery done for them. So many people helped me at the beginning... I will never forget all the people who helped me.

Soon I started embroidering Red Hat Society t-shirts and would sell them on EBay. I am very thankful for EBay, it helped me a lot, I used to sell my First Birthday dresses and Red Hat Society apparel online. I started getting really busy, there were days that I worked 20 hours a day. I had no small kids so, it was fine with me... We can build nothing in this work with no sacrifice...

After Isabella was born, when she was five weeks old I started leaving her at the Daycare and go to work. It was a very nice Home Daycare, I am still friends with Deb from the Little Shadows Daycare. I love them all but, but Isabella was always getting sick, she had ear infection constantly and  I hardly had time for my baby girl, didn't see her first steps, first words...Until the day I told myself: - What is the purpose of having a child if I cant spend time with her? I had to choose in between bringing the pay check home at the end of the week and watching my daughter grow up.

I had to take this decision, I trusted that God has a purpose for me in this world and He will never leave me alone. I took the plunge, I quit my job.

I am so glad I did it! I haven't made tons of money, not even close to what I used to make while I worked at the other place but, it's enough. I have many Customers now, I have three embroidery machines and thinking about buying another one, I am growing my website, Isabella is 7 years old now and  I have another decision to take. I need to hire some help.

I have had an open heart surgery two years ago and a week after my surgery, I was working to meet my deadlines. Sometimes after I am done working at the end of the day, I look around and wonder where did I find the strength to do everything by myself. Embroidery, digitizing, invoices, phone, family, sales, taxes...

I think that time has come when I have to take a bigger step and hire some help. I feel all the old worries hunting me again Will I have enough money to pay for my helper every week? I don't even pay myself a salary!

I guess if I don't try it, I will never know... I have someone I know in mind and I have already gotten the phone to call her and offer her the job, but, how much to pay? How much can I afford? Will it work out ok having a friend as an employee? Will she accept my offer? Will I be able to separate friendship and employee? So many concerns....

I guess sometimes I just need to remind myself that I am not that young no more, it comes a time in life that we have to let our fears go and just trust that everything is going to be all right.

Well my friends, I guess this is what we call life. Isn't it?

"Miracles happen to those who believe" and I DO, I DO, I DO!!! :))))))))

Decisions... decisions.. decisions...  Here I go again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment