Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy 22nd Birthday to the most beautiful and lovable daughter in the world


May, 19th 1991, twenty two years ago the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen in my life was born. I got a call from the hospital in the middle of the night telling me that my daughter was born at 11:35 PM. I could hardly wait until the next morning to go and pick Tamy up. Charles, my oldest son was six years old, we both drove to the hospital to meet our little baby girl for the first time. She was amazingly BEAUTIFUL… Our hearts were filled with joy and happiness when we finally got to hold her in our arms. WOW, she was going to be my baby girl, my Tamy.... So, After all the paper work was signed and done, we headed back home. Charles was sitting on the back seat holding her on his lap, I would watch him through the rear mirror, his eyes were shinning, he was smiling, satisfied, he was holding her little tiny fingers. So many times he would ask me to buy him a little brother or sister because all of his friends had siblings but him, he was feeling so happy. He finally had his little sister to protect, to love and adore. He would feed her bottles, watch her, kiss her all the time. 
We got home, I put her in her little bassinet that I had prepared for her on the side of my bed. I was watching her and finally it registered in my brain that now I had a tiny little baby to take care and protect from that moment on… I had never taken care of a little baby before. Charles was 2 years old when he became my son. I started crying, my son asked me why I was crying: - Aren't you happy mom? - Yes I am happy, I am very happy that is why I am crying… I remembered when I was a child and used to watch “Tammy and the Bachelor” TV show, I loved Tammy when she was a little girl and lived with her grandpa in a boat at the Mississippi river. I would dream that someday, when I was older and had a baby girl I was going to name her Tammy” just like in the TV show. She was innocent, sweet and funny… Oh I love Tammy…
I finally had my little Tamy. My ex, the one who went by himself to get her birth certificate, misspelled her name to the county clerk, so my Tamy has only one “M” duh!!!! LOL
Tamy brought so much happiness to our life, she has always been the sweetest daughter, loving, caring, intelligent, always got straight “A” at school. Never had to worry about her, always the greatest daughter in the entire world. Tamy was always good at saving her money. I always thought Tamy would make a great business person, an account or an engineer, she has always done great with numbers. When we moved from Brazil to Springfield in 2003, Tamy didn't speak any English at all, six months later, she was making the Honor Roll at her school. No need for ESL (English as Second Language) anymore, she spoke English better than I did and nowadays, she doesn't even have an accent!!! LOL I am so jealous!! LOL
During High school, Tamy got lost for a little while, we went through some tough times. It all happened when our youngest one, Isabella was born. Not sure if Isabella being just born, was one of the reasons for what happened or not. Maybe the thought that with a little baby of our own would leave us with less time and love  for her, would scare her. I never understood, but, I missed my baby girl's High School Graduation..It feels like I skipped a chapter in the book of our life... A very important chapter...
I never knew how it was like to be a teenager in the USA. During my Teenager years, I only worked, went to church, to school only. I guess I skipped all those teenager years that “normal” people go through, so, I had no idea how it was like to be a teenager. It was tough but, I knew I had raised my baby girl right, I knew she was smart and she would be her old self again. All I did was pray that the good Lord would protect and watch over her, I trusted and put all my worries in God hands.  
We get so used to protect our kids from the world outside, we raise them with love and try to keep them away from what we think it is not good for them. Doing that, we forget to prepare them for the reality outside, the peer pressure and I guess they get confused with so much going on. Thank Lord it didn't last long. It felt like an eternity though…
For some reason, we tend to dream with a brilliant future to our kids, we expect them to follow the normal course of life. I was so sure that I had raised my daughter in such a way that she would be prepared for that big world out there, so I never thought she could get confused along the way.
Thank Lord, who kept me sane, everything is back to normal again. My baby girl, finally realized what career she wants to follow, nowadays she works full time at the bank, part time as a waitress and she has been going to college. I feel like she found her way, she is not confused anymore, she knows exactly what she wants  and I pray that Lord keeps her always like this. I missed my little girl so much...
I love my kids more than anything in this world and would give my life to any of them in a heartbeat. I have 3 beautiful kids, three different personalities, two were born from my heart, were chosen and one that I gave birth. I love the three of them EXACTLY the same way, regardless the came out of my tummy or not.
Today It's my daughter’s birthday, I want to say, Happy Birthday Tamy! It's your special day... I thank Lord Lord for the day you were born. Thank you so much for letting be your mommy,for loving me no matter what. All of us, your family, are so proud of you and LOVE you with all our hearts. God bless and be with you ALWAYS Baby girl!
Love,
Mom

1 comment: