Saturday, May 11, 2013

Letter to my mom

My Daughter-in-Law, me and my Mom in Brazil

My dear Mom,
tomorrow is going to be Mother's Day. One more year that I wont be able to spend with you. I just wanted to let you know that every day is your day... You are my queen, my model of a perfect mom.
There isnt a day when I dont think of you, I am always mentioning all your sayings and wish I could live closer to hug you. I am very proud of the woman I became because of you mom. I will never forget your words whenever I would get you frustrated.
You would say, "One day you will be a mom and you will know how it feels like when you act like this"

Yes mom, I am a mother now and its my turn to tell my kids the same. I wish we didnt have to wait so long to appreciate you and now I know exactly how you felt whenever we would be naughty.
You went to school only for two years when you were a child but you taught me things that they were not able to teach me in college.

Many times I got mad at you because I couldnt do whatever all my other friends used to because I had to go to church every Saturday and Sunday with you.
Mom, you taught my brother, my sister and I that we had to work to be able to buy stuff that we wanted to. I am very proud to say that I worked as a baby sitter, maid, factory employee, seamstress, I harvested coffee beans, cotton, beans, rice, so that I could buy my own school supply.
You worked hard as well, from 6:00 o'clock in the morning to 6:00 o'clock in the evening. You would come home from work and cook lunch for the next day, you would do the laundry by hand. When our daddy got sick, you were the bread winner, you never complained about the life you had.
When I close my eyes mom, I can see you walking back home from work. We would be outside playing on the street and I would watch you walking toward our house and think to myself, "my poor mom, I wish she didnt have to work so hard"

On your Special day Mom, I will be thinking of you as always, I will call you and let you know that you are the best mom in the entire world. You are my hero, my mother, my friend and  you mean the world to me.

Thanks Mom for giving birth to me, for loving me and for always  being there whenever I need you. God bless and be with you always mom..

Thanks for everything you taught me and thank you for just being you... My wonderful mom

I wish my mom and each one of you, a Happy Mother's Day and God bless every mom in this world.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment